37 days of blogging. Wow!! We've had our ups and our downs, haven't we?
I have learned that having a dog might be problematic for some people. I am sorry to hear so because I would like people to have a pleasant experience at Verb. In the case you do have allergies, please note the following:
1. We have a dog. She is a 12 lb, short haired, clean dachshund. Smothered in kisses daily by the entire staff. An allergy pill might alleviate your allergies. Or there's always the option of trying to work out a visit to the shop when the dog is not there (Wed/ Thurs - call ahead to make sure).
2. If you run into a problem at Verb, talk to us and let us know, let's see if we can work something out. Even if the shop doesn't end up being a good fit for you. I would like to split on amicable terms and will do what I can to make that possible. This includes giving you a refund.
3. If you are allergic to dogs, to the point where you could have an allergy attack, you should not purchase yarn from us knowing this information.
4. Allergies can come from a large variety of factors, I know this since I have them and am currently dealing with skin allergies. I have gone to 3 doctors, and through extensive testing, and they can't exactly ascertain what I am allergic too.
5. My shop is full of potential allergens including and not limited to: unwashed fleeces, angora, wool, alpaca, a live dog, one day perhaps our live angora bunny, Marcel, dust, dust mites, hand soap. Enter with caution. I am in no way trying to be snide with this remark. I mean it in all seriousness.
We have now made a sign that hangs in the window, it is a wooden cut-out of a dachshund. On it is written "dog inside". Cleo is featured on our employee page as a full time employee who is in charge of PR and greeting. We are now referring to Cleo, after this week of broken tooth, mastectomy, and 2 star Yelp review as The Trouble Maker. Though all in jest, because she is my favorite thing in the world, and makes me so happy. The funny thing is - the same person who made the shop - loves her dog - it is one in the same. You can't have the shop without the dog :) While I don't want to drive people away from the shop because I have a dog, I also want people to be aware that she is there. And I want you to know that if you are uncomfortable with dogs (not in an allergic way - just would prefer not to be around them), that I am more than happy to keep Cleo in the studio. Don't be shy!
Ok, now on to happy times! Pie!! More specifically Pie Friday! There is a woman, who has a phenomenal sense of humor, who sets up a pie stand in the Mission on Friday nights. And sometimes, Saturday nights, which is the night we went. She was nearly sold out by the time we arrived. I had a slice of apple, which I was a little bit meh about the idea of apple pir. I like apple - but not nearly as much as blueberry crumble - which she had earlier. Wrong!! Her apple pie may be the tastiest apple pie I've ever had. I loved each and every handmade whipped cream covered bite.
My other favorite things, my friends - who ate pie with me - and laughed. Love!!
eta: this post has been altered to include a friendlier, more welcoming tone.